Tuesday, November 16, 2010

More Korean Food

We’re half why through Vegan MoFo already. And to celebrate, I have a short, cheater post because I’m going back to a recipe I already did: Korean tofu (but if my obsession with Korean hot pepper powder). But last time it had no pictures (although these aren’t stellar). I served it with the homemade kimchee which isn’t really fermenting much yet, but has gotten more intense and complex over the last few days, and a carrot banchan. It’s similar to the spinach banchan, but it just different enough that I can claim it as a new recipe. Remember, I usually onlycook for two, but you can double or triple this if need be.



Korean tofu

Clockwise from upper left: carrot banchan, Korean tofu, homemade kimchee
Carrot banchan and kimchee



Carrot banchan

2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 large clove of garlic
1½ tablespoons of brown or unrefined sugar
2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
2 inch long piece of ginger, grated
½ teaspoon of Korean red pepper powder
2 carrots, grated
1 green onion, finely chopped

Mix all of the ingredients except the carrots and green onion together until the sugar is dissolved. Add the carrots and green onions and mix again. Let sit 10 minutes.

1 comment: